The Big Photo Show 2015 Winners
- Baptism at Neptune Park by Lynn Cates - Best of Show
- Threaded Needle 2 by Michael Hanneld - 1st Place - Open
- Hiding by Bob Kelterborn - 2nd Place - Open
- White on Blue by Elma Andrews - 1st Place - Nature
- Egret Going to Nest by Shirley Robinson - 2nd Place - Nature
- Snowy Owl by Mel Geer - Third Place - Nature
- Bridge Over Golden Marsh by Ann Nermoe - 1st Place - Landscape
- In Awe by Bill Lindsley - 2nd Place - Landscape
- Abandoned House by Mel Geer - 3rd Place - Landscape
- Sidney Lanier Shadows by Duke Smith - HM - Landscapei
- Runners Cape Cod Sunset by Dan Hall - HM - Landscape
- Serenading Mona Lisa by Bob Kelterborn - 1st Place - Creative Digital
- Retired Skidder by Clyde Dixon - 2nd Place - Creative Digital
- Baptism at Neptune Park by Lynn Cates - 1st Place - People
- The Shrimper by Harold Dale - 2nd Place - People
- El Cubano by Bill Lindsley - 3rd Place - People
- Venetian Scullers by Mel Geer - HM - People
- Naked Cowgirls of Times Square by Ann Nermoe - HM - People
- Colors of Japan by Tom Sweeney - HM - People
- Uncle Bubba by Harold Dale - 1st Place - Peoples Choice
- All in the Family by Gay Barron - 2nd Place - Peoples Choice
- Lighthouse in a Pitcher by Shirley Robinson - 3rd Place - Peoples Choice
Special Feature by CPG members Lynn Cates & Elma Andrews: National Park Presentation
Coastal Photographer's Guild Mission
The Coastal Photographer's Guild's official mission is to be an effective, vibrant advocate for all photographers of any skill level in our community and to provide an opportunity for area members to cultivate photographic expertise in a supportive, enjoyable atmosphere. Membership includes beginners, serious amateurs and working professionals; providing great opportunities for networking, questions, and informal education. Simply put, our objective is to learn and to have fun!
Regular meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month from 7 PM until around 9 PM. The location is the Glynn County Police Dept Meeting Room (1965 Demere Rd., St Simons Island, GA).There may be alternate locations.
Regular Meeting 7 PM Thurs. June 16th, 2016 Bulletin Link
Meeting will be held at the Glynn County Police Dept. Meeting Room 1927 Demere Rd. SSI
► Presentation: Special Guest Speaker, Chip Simone "Photography: the Beautiful Lie & the Illusion of Truth"
We are excited to have a professional of Chip’s caliber. He has an impressive resume: He was classically trained in the visual arts and the traditions of creative photography at The Rhode Island School of Design where he studied with the American Master, Harry Callahan. He is director of the Atlanta based 'Advanced Photography Seminar', a highly selective mentoring program for advanced photographers.
He is currently curating "Edge to Edge", the first ever state-wide survey of creative photography by Georgia photographers for the Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia (MocaGa) that opens Sept 2 and continues thru Dec 3. In 2017, he will have a career retrospective at MocaGa. His prints are included in major collections including the Museum of Modern Art, The High Museum of Art, The Houston Museum of Fine Art, The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia, The Corcoran Gallery of Art, and the Sir Elton John Photography Collection.
SPECIAL SEMINAR & WORKSHOP in NOVEMBER LINK
About Our Website
Click on this link to learn about our site Website Overview
PALMER'S VILLAGE CAFE cpg Gallery Display [RULES]